Join Our Team
The Just Transition Alliance (JTA) is an Environmental Justice 501(c)3 nonprofit organization based in San Diego, CA that works to address environmental and economic issues at local, state, national, and international levels. Together with front-line communities and workers living on the fence-line of polluting industries, the JTA works to create healthier communities and workplaces. If you have always dreamed of working on Environmental Justice, Climate Justice, Just Transition, chemicals policy, and other justice-based issues, this is a great opportunity to work with a leading national organization.
Internal Support & Projects Coordinator
The Internal Support & Projects Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
The Internal Support & Projects Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director to carry out the organization’s workplan, the organization’s campaigns, and other special projects. As the Internal Support & Projects Coordinator you will provide assistance with administrative and logistical tasks and be responsible for tracking and follow-through for organizational efforts, responsibilities and deadlines.
As the lead organization for a national-based markets campaign that advocates for healthier consumer products at national discount retailer chains, the JTA is looking for a dynamic team member who will make sure the organization stays on track and organized. As the Internal Support & Projects Coordinator you will work hand-in-hand with the Executive Director and the other campaign leadership to carry out the workplan of the campaign.
This is a full-time position that requires you to be located in the San Diego, CA area and have the ability to travel significantly for in-person meetings, conferences, and other events locally and nationally, includes occasional weekends (as much as 2-3 trips per month).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works closely with the Executive Director to provide communication, coordinating assistance, and logistics management to the organization, the organization’s campaigns and other projects.
- Maintains the organization’s workplan and calendar.
- Supports JTA’s work leading the Campaign for Healthier Solutions (CHS)
- Supports scheduling, follow-through and note-taking tasks.
- Assists with centralizing, collecting, and filing documents and materials.
- Maintains the organization’s website and its presence on social media accounts.
- Assists with other tasks as needed.
- Deep commitment to the organization’s mission and values on and around Environmental Justice, social change, and related matters.
- Personal, professional or academic knowledge and/or experience with Environmental Justice, grassroots work, or related activism.
- Ability to travel significantly for in-person meetings, conferences, and other events locally and nationally, includes occasional weekends (as much as 2-3 trips per month during normal times).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in collaboration and with a virtual team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Apple Laptop and various social media platforms.
- Bilingual skills in English & Spanish strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and/or work experience preferred.
- Must be willing to work in a relaxed environment.
San Diego, CA
This is a full-time, hourly position starting at $15 an hour, commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Send your resume, 3 references, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hiring will remain open until the position is filled.
Just Transition Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.